Interview with a Vampire (+6 pts)

 This book was actually a very interesting read. I found it more interesting because I have watched and read a lot about vampires in other pieces of fiction. I liked how the novel was set up as an actual interview and how it felt like you were sitting with the boy and listening to this vampire's life and the struggles that he went through during his transition. I enjoyed that they would bounce back and forth about vampire "rumors" and talk about the stereotypical things that people think vampires are or are afraid of. For example, in a lot of books/movies the vampires can't stand light or die from a stake to the heart, but this vampire says otherwise about his life.

When I was a kid, I read all of the Twilight books and I am currently watching the show "The Vampire Diaries". It's super interesting to look at all of the differences and similarities about vampires throughout time.  In Twilight, they sparkle in the sun, while in TVD, they burn unless wearing "magical" rings, while in this book, the light takes no affect on him. I liked that this book had a lot to do with morality and what was good or evil. It's clear that Louis wants to be good and wants to stick to his own moral code of not killing humans, even though he can't help that he wants blood. It's always a question on if vampires are evil in most cases in fiction. They can be looked at as horrible monsters or beautiful creatures that women lust over.

One of my all time favorite examples of vampires is the movie "Let Me In" or the Swedish version "Let the Right One In". "Let Me In" is my favorite horror movie and what I love about it is that the young vampire girl, Abby, does not refer to herself as a girl at all. She is not human, she is immortal, and she feeds on human blood to live. She is what is to be considered a more "monstrous" version but there are still romantic aspects to the movie because Owen, who comes from a broken life, falls into lust with her too.  I also read this book and highly recommend it because it is super interesting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Distance to the Moon (+ 1 pts)

A Wild Sheep Chase (+6 points)

Annihilation (+6 points)