The Future (+ 6 pts)

 10 years: I'm out Christmas shopping with my husband. Not only are we looking for toys to put under the tree for our daughter, but we are looking for other Christmas presents for our friends and family. Technology has improved even more so and everyone is looking forward to getting new phones which can do practically anything at this point. Screens? We don't even need them. We are able to use these phones to project the images into the air and use our hands to scroll through. Me? Well, as much as I care about the latest phone, I'm more interested in the latest tablet to draw on. I'm working as an artist freelancing at home. I worked for a company as an illustrator in the past, but now that I'm raising kids I work on commissions in my home studio. Art is one of the only things people look forward to these days. Social media has ruined a lot of people's lives with it's constant negativity and false perceptions of the world. In fact, every social media app I use to know has been replaced with online shopping. Everything on the internet is an advertisement to make money at this point. I guess I have to include myself in that since I advertise my artwork. Not only have people become more negative, but climate change is starting to take a serious affect on the world. People are in a panic, but I'm trying to still spread positivity and love to all this Christmas with gifts and artwork. Hopefully, there will be some sort of change that can help the next coming years.

50 years: The world has changed drastically. I can't decide if I want to take to continue living by taking an immortality shot and aging backwards. It's what everyone is doing these days, but maybe I want to move on. I've lived a fulfilled life, although the climate change and environment situation is still not great. We've all managed to survive it though...for now. Half of the states we use to know are under water. Things are going downhill around here. Luckily, we do have incredibly advanced technology and medicine. That's why we are able to continue to live for however long we want. We can practically cure death at this point with all of the scientific discoveries we've made. I'm just thankful I got to see grandchildren come into my life and that my family lived a happy life.

2220: This is incredibly difficult for me to imagine or wrap my mind around. If we are still all living on this planet in 2020, I would be a bit surprised. I feel like by this time we would have found a way to go live on a more sustainable planet. Or at least pull a "Wall-E" and live in a giant space ship in the middle of outer space. I feel like with all our environmental problems it will be difficult to live life here on Earth in the next few hundred years. I really do hope that this is not the case. It's hard for me to come up with any other thoughts on this year because it is so mind-blowing to think about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Distance to the Moon (+ 1 pts)

A Wild Sheep Chase (+6 points)

Annihilation (+6 points)