A Wild Sheep Chase (+6 points)

 This book was not at all what I expected it to be. When I first began reading, I thought it was going to be about the death of the main character's ex girlfriend. I expected it to be about a haunting with her past. It felt that way at first, until it was something entirely different. The main character is actually nameless and is a little bit depressing. He is getting a divorce from his wife and has a pretty "bland" life. I didn't feel any emotional attachment to the main character, which is usually my favorite part about stories. I think that is why the character remains nameless, so the reader does not have that connection to them. It definitely made reading this story a bit harder for me. What is interesting about that is when I read Annihilation it was a similar situation with a nameless main character, but I still somehow felt more connected to that one.

As the story went on I still felt very confused. I was waiting for what made this book considered a "horror" novel. He was talking about a girl's ears being attractive and then it was about this picture of a sheep from his friend. I think one of the overall main ideas from this story is that this man, who comes from loss and true loneliness, has to go after something that may give him more purpose and meaning. I liked that at the very end, he finally showed his true emotion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Distance to the Moon (+ 1 pts)

Annihilation (+6 points)