The Hobbit (+6 pts)

I actually enjoyed The Hobbit more than I thought I would. Every person I have ever spoken to about the book claimed that it was a difficult read and pretty boring. I was interested in reading this one because I had seen The Lord of The Rings movies and definitely found the entire world to be pretty interesting. The author has to be one of the most creative minded people. 

Although the book was a bit slower and more of a challenge to read, I still enjoyed the story itself. Knowing what I know from the Lord of the Rings movies definitely helped my interest, but I really enjoy fantasy worlds with different creatures and people. I think the characters were very fun. It definitely makes me want to watch the movies but based on the length of this book, I do not see how there could be three movies. The adventure itself is pretty straight forward. 

I really liked the character progression of Bilbo. He came from a quiet and comfortable life and was thrown into a crazy adventure that he didn't ask for. As time goes on, he becomes more independent and brave. He develops into a true hero. For the book being written as long ago as it was, I definitely found it to be much better than I expected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Distance to the Moon (+ 1 pts)

A Wild Sheep Chase (+6 points)

Annihilation (+6 points)