A Wrinkle in Time (+ 5 pts)

I wanted to read this book because I loved the movie as a kid. I saw that they remade the movie recently, but reviews told me to steer clear. When I was a kid, the story was super interesting to me, mostly because of the different worlds that they kids travel to and "it"'s world always freaked me out. I was excited to dive into the book and compare it to the story I knew as a child. 

The book was really enjoyable and the storyline is very close to how I remembered. I have always loved the idea of time travel and it is something I really like about this story. The kids are able to jump through portals of time to find their father and defeat "the dark thing". There are messages throughout this story of dealing with insecurities, bullying, and most importantly love conquering all and ultimately saving their lives. I also think the idea of "It"'s world being a society where everyone conforms to a certain pattern of behavior is incredibly interesting. It controls all that live there and even though Charles Wallace is a smart child, his mind still allows It to come in and take over him. I think this book is wonderful for young age groups because not only is it a thrilling adventure, but it has messages that I think many can relate to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Distance to the Moon (+ 1 pts)

A Wild Sheep Chase (+6 points)

Annihilation (+6 points)